We recognise that we need to tell the London Market story better in order to provide our buyers with a clear case for coming here to purchase our product and services.
We have created a compelling story that demonstrates:
- That London insurers’ willingness to underwrite complex risks means that companies and individuals worldwide turn to the market for protection of assets ranging from space stations to musicians’ hands
- That the London market is large enough to cover the biggest risks – and it is the largest global hub for commercial and specialty risk controlling more than $110 billion of gross written premium in 2018, bigger than Bermuda, Zurich and Singapore combined
- Its global reach – the market can deliver solutions for risks in almost every territory around the world
The London Market offers creative solutions rooted in its unique structure that has a wide range of market participants competing and co-operating in close proximity in the City of London.
The LMG Board sponsor is Kate Markham.
Members of the Steering Group include:
– Kate Markham – Chair (Hiscox)
– Caroline Wagstaff (LMG)
– Lisa Appiah (LMG)
– Carole Porter (Marsh)
– Amy Smith (Ed Broking)
– Kate Giblin (Lloyd’s)
– Rebecca Haggerty (Awac)
– Richard Hebblethwaite (AIG)
– Scott Farley (IUA)
– Patrick Palmer (Barbican Insurance)
– Keith Trivitt (Axis Capital)
– Roger Lowry (QBE)
– James Milne (Lloyd’s Market Association)
Chief Executive Officer
The fulcrum of our campaign is the “London Makes It Possible” website – www.londonmakesitpossible.com. This is a repository for campaign materials and a source of facts and stories and is supported by digital marketing campaigns in key territories to drive traffic to the site to learn more about London. Current content includes:
Learn about London
On-Line Education Modules
Educational modules targeted at US brokers who might be unfamiliar with the London Market. We want to use education as a way of building their knowledge and understanding of London’s strengths as a global re/insurance hub. An introduction to the London Market , Placing and Claims are free to access via the London Makes it Possible website.
We have created a “shop window” for London market firms to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise. Every month it publishes a series of reports and white papers from brokers and underwriters highlighting risk issues and claims experiences.
Why buy in London?
Hear from market professionals
Our videos put a personal face on the market and its customers, using video to talk about why brokers come to London with their risks and how the market can help them.
The site also contains case studies, FAQs, statistics on the London market and directions to trade associations.