In an increasingly competitive environment, the London Market needs to be providing our buyers with a clear case for coming here to purchase our product and services.
We have created a compelling story that demonstrates:
- That London insurers’ willingness to underwrite complex risks means that companies and individuals worldwide turn to the market for protection of assets ranging from space stations to musicians’ hands
- That the London market is large enough to cover the biggest risks – and it is the largest global hub for commercial and specialty risk controlling more than $110 billion of gross written premium in 2018, bigger than Bermuda, Zurich and Singapore combined
- Its global reach – the market can deliver solutions for risks in almost every territory around the world
The London Market offers creative solutions rooted in its unique structure that has a wide range of market participants competing and co-operating in close proximity in the City of London.
Using the latest 2020 market statistics, Why London Matters tells the story of the role insurance plays in the modern world. Why London Matters.
The LMG Board sponsor is Kate Markham.
Members of the Steering Group include:
– Kate Markham – Chair (Hiscox)
– Caroline Wagstaff (LMG)
– Carole Porter (Marsh)
– Rebecca Haggerty (Awac)
– Richard Hebblethwaite (AIG)
– Scott Farley (IUA)
– Patrick Palmer (Barbican Insurance)
– Lynn Harris (Axis Capital)
– Roger Lowry (QBE)
– James Milne
Chief Executive Officer
The fulcrum of our campaign is the “London Makes It Possible” website –. This is a showcase for the expertise and knowledge that resides in the London Market – demonstrating:
We have created a “shop window” for London market firms to spotlight their particular skills and experience. Every month it publishes a series of reports and white papers from brokers and underwriters highlighting risk issues and claims experiences.
How the market works
Educational modules targeted at US brokers who might be unfamiliar with the London Market. We want to use education as a way of building their knowledge and understanding of London’s strengths as a global re/insurance hub.
The site also contains case studies, FAQs, statistics on the London market and directions to trade associations.
Digital marketing is used to drive relevant traffic to the site in the USA and the UK.