We recognise that we need to tell the London Market story better in order to provide our buyers with a clear case for coming here to purchase our product and services.
We want to create a compelling story that demonstrates:
- That London insurers’ willingness to underwrite complex risks means that companies and individuals worldwide turn to the market for protection of assets ranging from space stations to musicians’ hands
- That the London market is large enough to cover the biggest risks – and it is the largest global hub for commercial and specialty risk controlling more than $91 billion of gross written premium in 2015, bigger than Bermuda, Zurich and Singapore combined
- Its global reach – the market can deliver solutions for risks in almost every territory around the world
The London Market offers creative solutions rooted in its unique structure that has a wide range of market participants competing and co-operating in close proximity in the City of London.
The LMG Board sponsor is Richard Dudley.
Members of the Steering Group include:
– Richard Dudley- Chair (Aon)
– Amy Smith (ED Broking)
– Brian Stuart (Marsh)
– Caroline Wagstaff (Luther Pendragon)
– Chris Buer (LMG)
– Georgina Peters-Venzano (CNA Hardy)
– James Milne (LMA)
– Jason Groves (Marsh)
– Karen Bigwood (Lloyd’s)
– Rebecca Haggerty (Allied World)
– Richard Hebblethwaite (AIG)Ryan Bond (Marsh)
– Scott Farley (IUA)
– William Pitt (Beazley)
CEO Global Broking Centre
In August 2019 we launched a new “London Makes It Possible” website. The new site is not just a repository for campaign materials and a source of facts and stories, it is now a resource that will be used to support our digital marketing campaign as we build out further content. Our Digital campaign will initially be focused on the US and our current content plans include:
On-Line Education Modules
Modules targeted at US brokers who might be unfamiliar with the London Market. We want to use education as a way of building their knowledge and understanding of London’s strengths as a global re/insurance hub.
Pivoting the London Market Message
We are building videos that tell the story of the London Market through the three key lenses of, Progress, Protection and Restoration.
Stories Told by our Practioners
Following the success of our story telling courses earlier in the year, we have taken some of the delegates from the sessions and recorded their stories on camera. The way these delegates told their stories during the course was so compelling that we felt that they really captured the essence of what we do here in London.
We will of course continue to use the captivating London Makes It Possible imagery that was used to launch our promotional activity back in 2017. It has now become synonymous with our campaign and helps to bring to life the risks that we write in the Market.
To further support our promotional activity we have run over 12 free storytelling courses with the help of the actor Richard Brimblecombe. Storytelling helps to build competitive edge by making key messages more memorable and more persuasive while, at the same time, strengthening human connections with clients and potential clients.